The Creativity Shell has been a partner with the San Jacinto Girl Scouts Council since 2016. Our organization offers a variety of educational, practical, fun and creative badges/activities both in our studio, the SJGSS Council and beyond. Badges can be tailored to fit different journeys and can also be combined to earn multiple badges in the same setting. Please contact us to discuss the journey of your troop and we will work with you to achieve your goals.
DAISY (D) BROWNIE (B) JUNIOR (J) CADETTE (C) SENIOR (S) AMBASSADOR (A)
BADGES – Most badges are a 2-hour workshop and cost $22.00 (badge included.) If the badge/activity has a * below, please contact us for pricing.
SEWING/TEXTILE ARTS DB J C SA
- Sew an item for everyday use.
- Sew an item and give it away as a gift. (Ask about our giving bags project, Hearts for a Fresh Start, Hats off to the Homeless & Refugees.)
- Create a gift for a special occasion.
- Learn about natural and synthetic dyes.
- Cross stitching, knitting and crochet badges are also available.
PETS DB JC S A
- Sew animal beds.
- Sew animal fashion outfits.
- Make animal blankets.
- Make a home for an animal.
- Make dog/cat leash & collar.
- Sew animal beds/blankets for local animal shelters.
- Make your own earrings, necklaces, bracelets and chokers. DB JC S A
- * Fuse your own glass beads to make jewelry. C SA
* SIMPLE MEALS DB J C S A
- Whip up a great breakfast at the Creativity Shell with your troop.
- Get your troop together and make a healthy lunch or dinner.
- Create a delicious dessert.
* NEW CUISINE DB J C S A
- Make a dish from another country.
- Create a dish from another region of the United States.
- Whip up a dish from another time period.
- Have an international dinner night where everyone in the troop will make a different meal and share.
ROOM MAKEOVER! DB J C S A
- Make items such as blankets, pillows, curtains, rugs or artwork for your bedroom.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING I & II DB
- Build a rollercoaster from clay.
- Learn to make and play your own board games.
LIFE SKILLS DB J CS A
- Painting, ceramics, pottery, glass fusing and more.
- Collage artist
- Book making
- Book binding
- Flower pounding
- Personal hygiene: Students in this class will learn about personal hygiene and will make their own natural deodorants. J C SA
- Build your own business.
- Manufacture your own product.
- * Students participating in this badge can sell the items they make in our annual Munchkin Market on December 1, 2018. Funds raised can be used for personal use or to raise money for their troops.
FUN BADGES DB J C S A
- * Girl Scouts in flight drones and aerodynamics class.
- Soap/bath bomb making
- Candle making
- Leather/wood burning (pyrography)
- Paper making
- Rug making
- Yarn arts
- String art
Please contact us at 832-943-9767 or firstname.lastname@example.org schedule a time for your troop to come in and create at the Creativity Shell!