Do you remember taking economics classes in school where you learned to sew or cook? The Creativity Shell wants to bring these classes back into the education system and through partnership with the Houston Dynamo, they are raising funds (and awareness) through a unique fundraiser called the Creativity Quest on August 24, 2019 at BBVA Compass Stadium.
The Creativity Shell is a nonprofit organization on a mission to use creative trades to educate and inspire the next generation of makers. The organization teaches sewing/ textile arts classes to students in public libraries, schools and shelters that rescue children from homelessness and human trafficking. Their classes are designed to educate and inspire children by teaching them essential life and practical skills.
Through a unique partnership with the Houston Dynamo, the organization is launching a unique fundraiser called the Creativity Quest. The Creativity Quest is aimed to test your endurance and scavenger hunt skills in a fun, family friendly environment. Participants will have 1 hour to race through dynamo stadium and collect 32 clues (out of 10,000 that will be hidden) to fill all the shapes on a soccer ball. There will also be ONE Golden Clue that when found, will automatically win first place!
Participants can register as individuals or can register as a team of 5 or 10 people. After the quest, all participants will receive complimentary tickets and are invited back to Dynamo Stadium that night to watch the Houston Dynamo play the Columbus Crew. Quest participants will also enjoy food and music after the quest.
Creativity Quest Steps
- Create a team of 5 or 10 family/friends or register as an individual.
- Sign up On-Line: Creativity Quest Registration
- Team of 10 $350
- Team of 5 $200
- Individual $45
- Decide on which costumes you want to wear for the Quest (Completely Optional, but lots of fun!)
- Choose a school or shelter you would like to support.
The Day of the Quest
- Get your team (or yourself) ready and meet at BBVA Compass Stadium before 10AM. The doors will be open at 9:30 and the Quest begins promptly at 10:15AM.
- When you arrive, you will receive a list of items to find.
- On your marks, get set, GO!!! Race through Dynamo Stadium and collect as many items as you can find to complete your quest.
- The first person or team that finds all 32 items wins first place, second place, third place…
- First place winner(s) will receive a trophy as well as naming rights to a sewing program for 24 students at a low income school or a shelter for 12-weeks.
- Second place winner will receive a medal (medals) and naming rights to a sewing program for 12 students at a low income school or a shelter for 12-weeks.
- Third place winner will receive will receive a medal (medals) and naming rights to a sewing program a sewing program for 12 students at shelter for 6-weeks.
- The first person or team that finds the one GOLDEN item wins!
- ALL Participants will receive complimentary tickets to the Dynamo game on 09/11/2019!
All funds raised from this creative fundraiser will be used to launch sewing/textile arts as well as other home economics programs in low income schools as well as shelters that rescue children from homelessness and human trafficking.
Things to keep in mind:
This quest will be a challenge of endurance and merit. 10,000 envelopes of clues will be hidden in the stands of the BBVA Compass Stadium and you will only have 1-hour to collect as many as you can in order to collect the necessary clues.
Wear: Sneakers, breathable clothing (or a costume) and get ready to have some fun! A water bottle will also be handy.
Registration: Creativity Quest Registration