Enter for a chance to win a Creativity Shell Sewing/Textile Arts Program at your K-12 school for the 2016-2017 School Year! ($7,500 Grant!) All items must be submitted by May 1, 2016! Finalists will have their items on display @ The Children’s Museum of Houston on Saturday, May 14, 2016 from 7pm-9pm during Creativity Rocks!
- Make a 3-Dimentional item and incorporate some type of textile into your item. i.e This could be a doll or a quilt or a photo, but it MUST have some type of textile (fabric) with or on it.
- Take a photo of your item and email it to us at email@example.com with the subject “Textile Arts Contest”. Please include the following information:
- Student Name.
- Grade (Current).
- Answer to the following question: Why do you want a textile art program at your school.
- Photographs of all entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM on May 1, 2016.
- Contest open to all K-12 school students in HISD, New Caney ISD and Humble ISD.
On Saturday, May 14, 2016, the Creativity Shell will host our annual fashion show (Creativity Rocks!) at the Children’s Museum of Houston. This fashion show will consist of clothing exclusively designed and made by 65+ students who are currently enrolled in our sewing/textile arts programs in Houston. Creativity Rocks will also feature computerized coded garments made by our STEM focused engineering students at Young Women’s College Preparatory Academy, custom dyed scarves made by girls rescued from trafficking and more! Tickets are FREE, Donations accepted.(Sugested Donation $10 a ticket.)
Tickets are available at: https://www.eventbrite.com/