The Creativity Shell currently is currently accepting petitions from groups such as schools, libraries and shelters in Houston that would like to host a sewing/textile arts program in their location from September 1 – December 31, 2019 and receive a grant from the Texas Commission on the Arts to help pay for the costs.
The Creativity Shell is a nonprofit organization on a mission to use creative trades to educate and inspire the next generation of makers. Our organization teaches sewing/textile arts and other trades classes to students in our private studios, libraries, schools and shelters that rescue children from homelessness, trauma and human trafficking. Our classes are designed to educate and inspire children by teaching them essential life and practical skills.
The sewing/textile arts programs taught by the Creativity Shell are customized and structured based on the age, location and size of the class we are working with. Structured programs are designed to give confidence to the students. Public Sewing/Textile Arts programs are available in local schools, libraries and shelters that rescue children from homelessness and human trafficking. The Creativity Shell will provide the sewing machines, teachers as well as all materials and supplies for each class.
How to request a public sewing/textile arts program from the Creativity Shell and receive a TCA Grant Award to help pay for the costs?
- If you do not have an account with the TCA, please visit their website at http://www.arts.texas.gov.
- Contact the Creativity Shell at 832-943-9767 or email email@example.com.
- Let us know the time, date, location and number of students that will be enrolled in the program. (Generally, we work with groups of 12-24). Classes are 1-hour each for 12-15 weeks and we supply all the materials and supplies for the classes.
- Single visit workshops are also available.
- The Creativity Shell will send you a purchase invoice for the program.
- Submit the invoice to the TCA before Midnight on August 1, 2019.
- The TCA generally pays for 50% of program fees.
- Once you receive your grant, let us know and we will assign teachers, machines and a program to your organization.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org