Cooking with the Kids: Crepes and Ice Cream
One of the most popular recipes in the Creativity Shell cooking class during the Spring 2020 semester was Crepes and Ice Cream. (The ice-cream is optional). This is a fun and simple recipe the kids can make on their own and most of the ingredients needed are already found in most homes.
INGREDIENTS – Per 4 Students
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Milk (Can use any kind of milk)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar (optional)
Fruits & Ice Cream – Used for toppings
- 1 Banana
- ½ cup strawberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 4 Scoop of ice-cream
- In a large bowl, use a whish and mix the egg and flour.
- Gradually add in the milk and water while stirring to combine.
- Add the salt and butter. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Turn on the griddle to a low setting.
- Half fill the small cup for each student (or allow students to fill their own from the main batch) with crepes mixture.
- Pour on the griddle and let cook for 1-2 minutes or until brown.
- While crepes are cooking, students can cut up fruits and vegetables that will be served with crepes.
- Remove crepes from griddle when cooked.
- Grab the ice-cream, add fruit toppings and enjoy!