Creativity Shell Operations Director – Job Position
The Creativity Shell is a nonprofit organization on a mission to use creative trades to educate and inspire the next generation of makers. Our organization teaches sewing/textile arts classes to students in public libraries, schools and shelters that rescue children from homelessness and human trafficking. Classes are designed to educate and inspire children by teaching them essential life and practical skills.
The Creativity Shell is seeking a part time Director of Operations. The director of operations will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations necessary to ensure that the Creativity Shell achieves its objectives. The director of operations will also work closely with the Executive Director and other members of the leadership team to set strategic goals for the Creativity Shell as well as translate these goals into specific operational objectives.
This person must have the ability to think outside the box, be a team player (but can work independently), train new and current Creativity Shell staff members, communicate effectively with stakeholders as well as be a positive public figure for the Creativity Shell.
– Coordinate to develop new goals and objectives for the Creativity Shell.
– Seek and find resources to make goals a reality.
– Fill vacant job positions/search for new talent.
– Train new hires.
– On boarding of new hires.
– Coordinate with programs to ensure teachers/employees are delivering Creativity Shell programs as designed.
– Maintain a steady membership of students and programs at the Creativity Shell
– Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all Creativity Shell stakeholders.
– Must have strong reading and writing skills.
– Send weekly emails for classes/camps/workshops.
– Greet parents for drop off/pickup.
– Send out weekly/monthly newsletters.
– Maintain an active social media presence for the Creativity Shell.
– Respond to emails promptly and accurately from stakeholders.
• Build a joyful and rigorous Creativity Shell culture.
• Support the Executive Director in fostering consistency in creative and inspirational projects and activities.
• Ensure that traditions and rituals that support the Creativity Shell’s mission are built and maintained, with all staff members, students, parents, stakeholders, year to year.
Family & Community Engagement
• Communicates regularly with families about their children’s performance, trips, and events.
• Builds and fosters relationships with community leaders and organizations, including maintaining robust database of community organizations.
– Fill classes/camps/workshops.
– Develop and implement new ideas for classes/workshops.
– Promote Classes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Must have the ability to sew, draft patterns and design sewing/textile arts projects to meet the current need of Creativity Shell students.
– Person must be a Jack/Jane of ALL trades.
– Must be able to think outside the box.
– Must have strong knowledge of other art discipline such as drawing, painting, wood working, knitting, crocheting, pottery and/or more!
– Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Photoshop and Adobe
– Must have strong knowledge of Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and more.
– Must be able to take accurate photos and other visual tools to use in marketing for the Creativity Shell.
– Must be professional at all times.
– Must have a clean criminal background.
– Must have the ability and patience to teach a class or more at the Creativity Shell while getting all other tasks completed.
– Must have a clean driving record.
– MUST have the ability to wear many hats. On top of all the skills required, this person must be able to help with other positions at the Creativity Shell when needed.
– Part Time 20 Hrs/Week
To apply, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.